Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 11- Short and Sweet

Today, day 11, provided some much needed R & R. We left Lake Louise around 9 am and took a short drive to the nearby Moraine Lake. We arrive there just as the sun was coming up over the mountains. Every few minutes the color of the lake changed as more sun shone upon it. What started as a regular looking blue lake, became a color changing marvel, that by the time we left was the incredible turquoise blue of the glacial lakes we had ridden past. It was truly beautiful, and I could have spent all day there, sitting on the shore and watching the lake transform.
We left the lake and took a short 40 mile drive down to Banff. We checked into our hotel and had the rest of the day to relax and enjoy the town. It is a really beautiful little town nestled between the mountains and rivers. Betty Boop and I picked up some sandwiches and sat outside listening to some local musicians. After lunch we went for a short hike up the side of a mountain. It was steep, really steep, so 20 minutes later we turned around and headed back through town and to our hotel. I was tired. I have been on the go almost nonstop for the past 11 days. We got back to the hotel, where I promptly fell asleep and took a nice long nap. I needed it.
After my nap, we met the rest of the crew for dinner. We had some great steaks at a place called Bumpers. After dinner we headed into town to do some karaoke, but it turned out the place we went to no longer did it. Oh well. We had a night cap, and came back to the hotel.
Tomorrow we make our way down to Waterton National Park, and our last night in Canada. I am sure it will be another beautiful day, and a great ride.

And finally, I was able to upload some photos of the incredible places we have been. Check them out, and be sure to check back as I will be updating the photos as we go. Here is the web address: http://gallery.me.com/adammeyerowitz/100002
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment